Section 2 of the sixteen parts of a test plan is the Introduction which is part of the Quality of testing. It contains four subsections: 2.1 Background, 2.2 Objectives of the Test Plan, 2.3 Objectives of UAT, and 2.4 References.
2.4 References give references to any documents that are related to this plan and are used to help create it. The following examples should be changed to be more specifically project related:
Sample Text for 2.4 References
The following project documents are related to this test plan:
- Project Plans (Change each of these to be more specifically project related.)
- Other testing plans
Other Articles on QUALITY Sections
- 2. Introduction gives an overview of the QUALITY process.
- 7. Item Pass/Fail Criteria gives an overview of how to evaluate the testing data to make a pass/fail decision.
- 9. Test Deliverables describes what is produced by the testing process.
- Basics of Project Plans gives further information on item 2:"Long or Unrealistic Timescales" and item 4:"Scope Creep" as two of the five key characteristics of a project plan and the importance of balancing them.
- Verification and Validation has further information on item 6:"Poor Testing" by explaining what the terms Verification and Validation mean.